Instant Pot Cheesecake with Cranberry-Orange Compote
For the crust
- 1 1/3 cups Graham cacker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
For the filling
- 2/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 16 oz Cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- Zest from one orange
For the cranberry-orange compote
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Honey-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Fresh cranberries
- Zest from one orange
- Coat a 7-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL. Spread the crumbs evenly in the bottom and 1-inch up the side of thepan. Freeze for 10 minutes. *At this point you could blind bake the crust for 10-12 minutes in preheated 325F degree oven for a crispier crust. I often skip this and just freeze the crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- In the base of a food processor, or in a medium-sized bowl using a hand mixer, add cream cheese and mix well until nolumps are left. Add half of the sugar mixture and mix on low until just incorporated. Scrape down the sides and add remaining sugar mixture and mix on low until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream and vanilla bean paste. Beat on low just until incorporated.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Stir in orange zest.
- Remove crust from freezer and pour batter into cheesecake pan. Tap pan against the counter to allow air bubbles to rise to the surface.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet (or steamer rack) in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Carefully lower and center the cheesecake into the Instant Pot and onto the rack. Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the “sealed” position. Select “high pressure” and a 26-minute cook time.
- When the cook time ends, let the pressurenaturally release which should take 7-10 minutes. When the valve drops, Carefully remove the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Remove cheesecake to a wire rack to coolcompletely. Using the corner of a rolled-up paper towel, soak up anycondensation that may have collected on top of the cheesecake.
- Once the cheesecake is completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until ready to serve.
- To make the compote: stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl.
- In small pot, stir together sugar and HONEY-GINGER BALSAMIC VINEGAR over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium; add cornstarch-water mixture and bring to a simmer. Add cranberries; cook until beginning to pop, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Stir in the orange zest. Remove from heat to cool completely.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove cheesecake from fridge and top with cranberry compote. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!