Za’atar Chicken Thighs with Farro & Tzatziki
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2-3 tbsp CA Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 oz grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup tzatziki
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 tbsp za’atar seasoning
- 2 persian cucumbers, halved and sliced.
- 1 mango cheek, medium diced
- Fill a medium pot 3/4 of the way up with salted water; cover and heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, add the farro and cook, uncovered, 18 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot.
- In a bowl, combine the halved tomatoes, diced mango, sliced cucumbers, and the juice of ½ lemon. Drizzle with garlic olive oil and season with salt and pepper, stir to combine. Set aside to marinate, stirring occasionally, at least 10 minutes.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season on both sides with salt, pepper, and enough of theza'atar to coat. In a large pan, heat a drizzle of garlic olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the seasoned chicken. Cook 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through and transfer to a cutting board.
- To the pot of cooked farro, add the marinated vegetables (including any liquid). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Slice the cooked chicken crosswise.
- Serve the sliced chicken over the finished farro. Top the chicken with the tzatziki.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!