Baby Bûche de Noël Cookies
Makes 16 Cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon MTOO Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon CHOCOLATE BALSAMIC
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Heavy Cream
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate melted
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter with the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and raspberry vinegar until smooth. Add the flour and cocoa and beat at low speed just until incorporated, then beat in the cream until smooth. Turn the dough out onto a work surface and roll it into two 16- inch-long ropes. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the cookie dough into 2-inch logs and arrange them on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops crack lightly and the cookies are firm to the touch. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let the cookies cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the softened cream cheese with the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, chocolate vinegar and heavy cream until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate.
- Spread the frosting on each of the cookies in lengthwise strips to resemble the bark of a tree. Return the cookies to the baking sheet and let stand at room temperature until the frosting firms up, about 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!