BBQ Beef Brisket (easy oven recipe)
Category: Class Recipes, Meat, Recipes
As the grand-daughter of an authentic German butcher, Chef Deanna knows her way around a cut of meat and how best to prepare and cook it. This is her easy oven recipe for fall apart beef brisket that will keep the crowds happy!
Easy Oven Beef Brisket
- 1 6 lb beef brisket with ¼- ½” fat layer intact
- 3 tablespoon MTOO Chipotle Honey Rub
- 1 lb applewood smoked bacon
- Rinse the brisket under cold running water and blot it dry with paper towels. Rub the spice rub all over the brisket.
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position and heat oven to 275 degrees. In a 9x13 metal pan (I line mine with foil first) place half of the bacon in strips across the bottom of the pan, then place the brisket fat side down and cover with the remainder of the bacon strips. Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake for 4-6 hours until the brisket is fall apart tender.
- Take pan out of oven. Carefully flip brisket over, fat side up. Replace foil and return to oven. Turn off heat and leave brisket in oven 1 additional hour. Remove the brisket from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and thinly slice it across the grain. Transfer the sliced meat to a platter, pour the pan juices on top, and serve at once.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!