Popcorn is definitely on the list of favorite snacks… why not ditch the microwave packs with all their additives and air pop your own gourmet treat. Update the flavor with your favorite flavor infused olive oil and flavored sea salt. Some suggestions: Butter Olive Oil with Black Truffle Salt, Basil Olive Oil with Rosemary Salt, Black Truffle Oil with Fleur de Sel. Delicious, easy and much better for you than the microwave stuff!
Black Truffle Popcorn
- 1/3 cup high quality popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsps. grape seed oil or safflower oil
- 1 tbsp. MTOO Black Truffle Oil
- taste sea salt
- Pour vegetable oil in a 3-quart sauce pan and rotate to cover bottom. Place pan on stove and let heat for a minute or so over medium high heat. Continuously shake the pan across the burner until popping reaches a crescendo.
- Put three popcorn kernels in the pan. When one or two of them pop, cover the bottom of the pan with popcorn. Place the top on the pan ajar. The popcorn should start popping in a minute or so.
- Pour truffle oil in to a large bowl and swirl to distribute evenly. Immediately add the hot popcorn to the bowl and toss gently to coat popcorn with truffle oil. Add salt to taste.