Chocolate Brownie Olive Oil Cookies
Delicious and so chocolatey rich
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup EVOO seasonal selection
- 1 tsp espresso powder or instant coffee
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¾ cup + 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- FLEUR DE SEL for finishing
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips, EVOo, and espresso powder over low heat. Stir occasionally until chips are melted and smooth.
- In a stand mixer or medium bowl, using a hand-mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. This should take about 4-5 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and gently fold in. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Allow the batter to sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Scoop cookies by the heaping (or 2) tablespoon. Roll and then gently press down.
- Bake for 10 minutes or. Until the cookies look a bit crackly all over and the center is set. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Serve warm or room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Chef Kelley (Mountain Mama Cooks) created this recipe for a Next Course class, and boy, did these cookies disappear fast! So good, rich and chocolatey.