Greek Potato Salad
Category: Gluten Free, Recipes, Side Dishes, Vegetarian
This recipe is the perfect (non-creamy) potato salad you could need for BBQ season, or really, any night of the week. Easy, delicious, and the perfect accompaniment to chicken souvlaki, burgers, BBQ chicken and more. As a bonus, since there is no mayo, it can stay out for several hours with no problem.
As far as potatoes go, you can use any kind, but I like the yukon gold or red potatoes. I like to cut them up before boiling because they cook faster that way and are ready to go into the dressing when ready.
Greek Potato Salad
A non-mayo based potato salad perfect for outdoor entertaining.
- 1.5 pounds potatoes washed and quartered
- 1 each small shallot peeled and finely diced
- 3 each Scallions finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Oregano Balsamic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 cup MTOO Dill Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon capers
- crumbled feta to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and bring to a boil and allow to simmer until the potatoes are done. This should take about 15 minutes. The potatoes should be fork tender.
- Drain and run water over the potatoes to allow them to cool a little.
- In a medium bowl add the olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill, parsley and onions and whisk to combine.
- Add still warm potatoes to bowl and toss with the dressing, and herbs. Test for seasoning and adjust to taste. Sprinkle with crumbled feta if you wish and serve room temperature or cold.
On the potatoes - I like Yukon gold, but you can use red potatoes too. Don't pick starchy potatoes (russet) as they fall apart easier. I like to keep the peel on, but that is up to you. You can use red onion or a shallot - either works. Make it ahead -- it refrigerates very well for 3-4 days. Don't freeze -- potatoes will become mushy. Make sure to dress the potatoes while they are warm - they soak up much more flavor this way.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!