Leftover Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- 1/3 cup Mushroom-Sage Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup Chopped celery
- 6 oz Mushrooms stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp Herbs De Provence herb blend
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose flour
- 8 cups Turkey or Chicken stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup Wild rice
- 2 1/2 cups Chopped leftover turkey
- 1/4 cup Half & half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat the MUSHROOM-SAGE OLIVE OIL over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and a pinch of salt.Sauté and cook for 10 minutes until veggies are soft and onions aretranslucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutesuntil mushrooms release their juice and then it evaporates again. Add thegarlic, HERBS DE PROVANCE, and NEOPOLLITAN HERB BALSAMIC VINEGAR. Cook 1-2minutes until garlic is fragrant and balsamic vinegar reduces.
- Add the flour and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Slowly whisk in the turkey (or chicken) stock.Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Add the wild rice,bay leaf and fresh thyme sprigs. Turn the heat down to medium or a temperaturethat allows the soup to simmer. Simmer the soup for 30-40 minutes until therice is just about cooked.
- Add the leftover cooked turkey, and half &half. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook soup for 15-20 minutes, takingcare that the soup doesn’t come to a boil. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!