Maple Glazed Bacon
Category: Appetizers, Breakfast & Brunch, Gluten Free, Meat, Recipes, Side Dishes
Change your brunch game for good with this slightly addictive bacon recipe. Bacon, coated in maple syrup and crushed pecans, and finished with Maple Balsamic Vinegar? What’s not to love? Super simple, without creating a huge mess, you can make the most delicious bacon for brunch with just a few simple ingredients. Make a lot, because you can’t stop at just one piece.
Maple Glazed Bacon
Sinfully delicious, this simple bacon recipe will change your brunch game for good!
- 12 ounces bacon applewood smoked is best
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 1-2 tsp MTOO Maple Balsamic Vinegar for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet in foil and spray if desired so nothing sticks
- Place maple syrup in a shallow bowl and chopped pecans on a large plate or platter. Dip bacon in maple syrup, covering completely, let excess drip off. Place syrup covered bacon in the chopped pecans and press pecans onto the bacon.
- Lay prepared bacon on the wire rack leaving about ¼ inch between pieces. Bacon can be cut to fit as many pieces on the rack as possible.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes, remove from oven and gently turn bacon over. Some of the pecans will fall off, but that's okay, they make tasty nibbles for later. Continue to bake 15-20 minutes longer, or until desired crispness is reached. Bacon will continue to crisp once removed from the oven and cooled.
- When there is only a few minutes left to cook, take bacon out and drizzle the Maple balsamic over all the pieces. Cook for a few more minutes to let the balsamic caramelize. Take out when the bacon reaches your desired crispness, add another drizzle of balsamic vinegar and enjoy,
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!