You can use either homemade or any good quality, store-bought mozzarella fresca for this recipe.
- 1½ cup MTOO Coratina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Bocconcini Mozzarella Fresca drained
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. hot red chili flakes optional
- 2 inch sprig fresh rosemary bruised to release fragrance
- Drain the mozzarella and salt. In a medium sauce pan, over medium low heat, gently heat 1/2 cup of Ultra Picholine red chili flakes and rosemary to 175 degrees. Hold for 2 minutes and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix in the remaining cup of Ultra Picholine. Place the salted mozzarella fresca in a jar or other container large enough to hold the olive oil and cheese. Pour the oil, herbs and chili flakes over the cheese.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for up to one week. This cheese is delicious speared on a toothpick with a small, ripe cherry tomato and a basil leaf.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!