Category: Holiday Dishes, Recipes
Celebrate the winter season with this flavorful mulled wine. Add your favorite balsamic to give it a unique twist.
- 1 bottle red wine Something fruity - Zinfandel, Merlot are good
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Mulling Spice Blend
- 1 each Blood Orange Sliced
- 1/4 cup Brandy or Orange liquor
- 2-4 tablespoons MTOO Honey Ginger Balsamic or another sweetner, sugar or maple syrup. You could also try Tangerine Balsamic, Cinnamon Pear, 18 Year, Black Currant, Grapefruit.
- Combine all ingredients to into a large saucepan and stir briefly to combine. I used a tea ball to keep all the mulling spices together, but you could use a muslin bag or cheesecloth or nothing. Will just strain them out later.
- Cook the mulled wine on medium-high heat until it just barely reaches a simmer. (Avoid letting it bubble — you don’t want to boil off the alcohol.) Reduce heat to low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain out the mulling spices and orange slices and discard. Give the mulled wine a taste, and stir in extra sweetener if needed.
- Serve warm in heat proof mugs and add your favorite garnishes - a cinnamon stick, an orange slice or candied cranberries.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!