Portabello Mushroom Tapenade
- 4 tbsp. MTOO Hojiblanca EVOO or other robust olive oil
- 1 Shallot large, chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove medium, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Savory
- 2 each Portabello Mushroom medium
- 2 tbsp. MTOO Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Chickpeas rinsed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbls of olive oil over medium heat and sauté shallots, garlic and savory for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and vinegar and cover for 2 minutes then uncover and continue cooking until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Transfer to a food processor and add the chickpeas and pulse until the ingredients come together.
- Gradually add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and pulse until a thick paste forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on a crostini or use as condiment for steaks.
For a delicious bruschetta, serve on a crostini, topped with shaved parmesan or pecorino cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!