I saw this recipe come through my email and thought immediately of the 13 year old boy (vegan!) in our house who could eat his weight in food every hour. He is never full, and always looking for something to pop in his mouth. These energy bites filled the bill. They have plant based protein to fill him up and a little sweetness to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Super easy to make.
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon MTOO Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pulse all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until well-mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are in small pieces.
- Scoop mixture and roll into balls. Freeze until solid and store in the freezer or refrigerator.