If you don’t like cookies, you won’t like this recipe. It marries the two best things in the world… cookies (namely, Snickerdoodles) and Pumpkin Pie spice. It is Chef Deanna’s favorite recipe for our Pumpkin Pie Spice blend and guaranteed to delight.
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle
- 2.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tablespoon MTOO Pumpkin Pie Spice blend
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1.25 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp MTOO Vanilla balsamic
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the butter, brown sugar, 1 cup of the granulated sugar, and ½ tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice and beat, scraping down the sides from time to time until light yellow and very creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing each until well combined. Continue mixing until the batter is very light and has thickened. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Add in the vanilla vinegar and mix until combined.
- On low speed, gradually add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Let the mixture sit while you preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ¼ cup of sugar with the remaining tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Use a tablespoon or a small ice cream disher to portion dough into little balls. Roll the balls in your hand to form them and then toss in the sugar/spice mixture.
- Transfer the balls to the prepared cookie sheet. Space them well apart because they will spread, about 2½-3”. Bake until centers are puffed and soft and edges are very lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Let them cool on the sheet for a few minutes and then move them to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!