Red Wine and Aged Vanilla Balsamic Poached Pears with Honey Cinnamon Mascarpone
- 4 medium firm pears such as Bosc or D'Anjou peeled, cored, and halved
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine Malbec or Pinot
- 1 cup MTOO Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 container of 8 oz. mascarpone
- 2 tbsps. Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsps. Honey
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a medium, heavy saucepan mix the red wine, balsamic, sugar, cinnamon stick, and star anise. Bring to a simmer and reduce by 1/3 (about 15 minutes).
- Place the pear halves in to the hot poaching liquid and simmer for 25 minutes or until the pear halves are vivid red and tender when pierced with a knife tip.
- Chill the pears in the poaching liquid. Meanwhile, make the honey-mascarpone. Using a stand mixer or in a medium mixing bowl, whip the mascarpone, honey and cinnamon together until light and airy.
- Serve the chilled pears with a dollop of mascarpone.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!