This is a wonderful warm side dish that can be easily personalized with your favorite flavored or unflavored olive oil. Serve as a side with a delicious roasted chicken or by itself over rice or quinoa for a vegetarian meal.
Nana's Sunday Vegetables
- 1 cup MTOO Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive OIl or MTOO Tuscan Herb, MTOO Herbes De Provence, MTOO Chipotle
- 5 oz shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 sliced large yellow onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb medium round potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs medium tomatoes
- 3/4 lb zucchini
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with olive oil. In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish. Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place them alternately in the dish on top of the onions, as tight as possible in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and drizzle with 2 more tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Uncover the dish, sprinkle the cheese on top, and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until browned. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!