Spicy Cheddar Cheese Cornbread
Warm, spicy, ever so cheesy, and savory, this cornbread is delicious by itself of accompanied by a steamy bowl of soup.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup MTOO Baklouti Green Chile Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sharp grated Cheddar 2reserved
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions +2 tablespoons reserved
- 2 tablespoons seeded & finely diced fresh Anaheim pepper 1 small pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9"inch baking pan with Baklouti Olive Oil.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, honey, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and Baklouti Olive Oil. With a wooden spoon, stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix in the grated Cheddar, scallions and Anaheim peppers.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the reserved grated Cheddar and extra chopped scallions. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!