Blood Orange Madeleines
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 ea. Egg
- 1/3 MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Grease a 12 portion madeleine pan with Blood Orange olive oil and then dust with flour.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes until light and thick. Add the olive oil and beat for another minute. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa in another bowl and fold in to the wet ingredients making sure to not leave any dry spots.
- Spoon in the to the prepared madeleine mold(s) and bake in the upper portion of the oven for 10-12 minutes, or just until the tops spring back when lightly touched and the edges begin to darken slightly.
- Immediately un-mold the cookies on to a rack to cool. If you only have one madeleine pan, clean it and repeat the process above a second time as this recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
- Allow to cool and enjoy. These are best fresh, the day they’re made.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!