My Favorite Slow Cooker Brisket
- 2 tsp ROSEMARY SALT
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 1/2 lb beef brisket
- 2 tbsp ROSEMARY OLIVE OIL
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sweet yellow onion peeled and sliced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp AGED MAPLE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- In a small bowl mix together the rosemary salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Rub the spice mixture all over both sides of the brisket.
- Heat the rosemary olive oil, over medium-high heat, in a large cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed pan. Sear the brisket for 4-5 minutes just until a nice crust forms. Turn and do the same to the other side. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a slow cooker, fat side up.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and sliced onion on and around the brisket.
- In a medium bowl, combine the low sodium beef broth, soy sauce, maple balsamic vinegar, and ketchup. Pour the sauce over and around the brisket.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Once done cooking, transfer the brisket to a cutting board and cover with loose foil to let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- While the brisket rests, combine the cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl to create a slurry. Pour the slurry into the liquid that is left in the slow cooker and whisk. Put the lid back on and the liquid will begin to thicken in 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the brisket against the grain and place in a large shallow serving dish. Pour sauce on top and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!