Looking for a great cake to impress your sweetie with? Or the family reunion? Or the office crowd? Well this is the cake. Delicious and not overly sweet, this cake will have them saying “Molto Bene!”
Chocolate Italian Love Cake
- 1 package Chocolate cake mix recommend Betty Crocker
- 2 pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 5.1oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz Cool whip or 4 cups prepared whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13" pan with nonstick spray
- In a large bowl, mix cake according to instructions on box and set aside.
- In another bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and MTOO Espresso Balsamic until smooth.
- This cake switches layers while baking so these directions are correct. Pour the cake batter into the prepared baking dish and spread to fill the pan evenly. Once the cake batter is in place, carefully pour the cheese mixture over the top of the cake batter, spreading as evenly as possible.
- Bake the cake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, mix together the pudding mix and the milk - don't worry, it will be very thick. Carefully add the whipped cream or Cool Whip and the MTOO Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and stir until combined. Spread the frosting mix over the cooled cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving, overnight is best.
- Serve with a drizzle of MTOO Chocolate Balsamic vinegar for a delicious and beautiful presentation!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!