I have watched Chef Deanna make this recipe a few times and am in awe of how creamy and smooth her hummus is. She uses a magic trick at the very beginning and I have started using it as well, to rave reviews. You will never buy store bought Hummus again after making this! Hint… use the baking soda, you won’t regret it.
Creamy Chickpea Hummus
- 1 can Chickpeas drained
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Hummus Blend
- 2 tbsp MTOO California Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp MTOO Milanese Gremolata
- 1 tbsp MTOO Dukkah for garnish
- Simmer chickpeas in 1 tablespoon baking soda for 10 minutes. Drain the chickpeas after simmering and agitate in the colander to remove the skins.
- In a food processor, add the spice mix, lemon juice and tahini. Blend until very smooth. Add the chickpeas and process until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed
- With the machine running, slowly add olive oil, one tablespoon at a time, until hummus is light, creamy, and smooth. If you want to reduce the oil you may add a little room temperature water to help loosen the hummus
- Taste and adjust seasonings, such as a little salt or lemon. Spoon the hummus into a bowl and rub the back of the spoon over the top to make a pretty swirl. Top with additional California Garlic olive oil and dukkah.