Chef Deanna made this for our Paleo class in the Next Course and pretty much every one licked their bowls. It has become a staple in our house since we are trying to be more plant based. Give it a try next time you are looking for a warming soup on cold nights!
Curried Cauliflower Rice and Kale Soup
- 1 tsp HOT CURRY
- 2 tbsp MTOO Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 carrots diced
- 1-2 inch pieces fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 3 cups broth bone broth OR vegetable broth
- 2 cups lacintao kale tough ribs removed and sliced thin
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- salt to taste
- lemon wedges
- Heat Harissa oil in large soup pot and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and hot curry and cook another 30 seconds to bloom spices.
- While onions are cooking, roughly chop cauliflower and pulse in batches in food processor into course rice-like texture. Do not over process or it will become mushy.
- Stir in cauliflower, carrots, and ginger. Add broth, bring to boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer, covered, until veggies and tender.
- Add coconut milk and kale. Continue to cook until kale is wilted and bright green. Season to taste and garnish with cilantro and lemon.