Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme with Blood Orange Whipped Cream
Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme
- 12 oz. Chocolate Chips high-quality, bittersweet
- 3 cup Half & Half
- 6 Egg Yolks large
- 8 tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup MTOO Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil or any other EVOO
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
Blood Orange Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Confectioner's Sugar
- Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender. Whisk the Half & Half egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Sir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn. Continue to stir until the custard is coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- mmediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Whip the cream and blood orange olive oil with the confectioners’ sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form. Top the chilled pots de creme with whipped cream before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!