Easy and elegant vegetable side dish. I like the Blood Orange Olive Oil with this as it is the perfect compliment to the dried cranberries but you could also use Lime or Chipotle for a little heat.
Green Beans with Dried Cranberries and Almonds
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 12 cups water
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans trimmed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 tbsp. MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 of one orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly toast almonds at 350° for 5-10 minutes. Keep your eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Bring 12 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Pat beans dry.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add beans; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries and almonds; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!