Italian Style Blood Orange Cookies
- 3 cups unbleached organic flour
- 2 cups granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 finely grated orange peel
- 1 cup MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 large room temperature eggs whisked
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, orange agrumato oil, orange juice, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions beating in between additions until no dry spots remain.
- Pipe the cookie dough using a pastry bag fitted with a star shaped pastry, portioning approximately two teaspoons of dough per cookie, onto a parchment lined cookie sheet pan. Alternatively, use two spoons to drop batter onto the cookie sheet. Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Increase the heat to 425 F and bake for an additional 2 minutes to aid in creating a golden brown exterior. Remove the cookies to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remainder of the dough. When fully cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
- Yields about 48 cookies
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!