Lavender Scented Shortbread
- 1 tablespoon fresh culinary lavender flowers
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, 1 stick
- ½ teaspoon LAVENDER VINEGAR
- ½ teaspoon VANILLA VINEGAR
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Use a pencil to mark or crease a 9-by-4-inch area on a piece of parchment paper, and use the paper to line a baking sheet.
- Combine the sugar and lavender in a mini food processor or designated spice grinder; grind thoroughly, then use a fine-mesh strainer to sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Discard anything left behind in the strainer.
- Add the butter, lavender, and vanilla vinegars to the mixing bowl. Use a fork to blend until well incorporated and smooth.
- Sift the flour and salt over the butter mixture, then use the fork to process the mixture to form a soft dough that holds together.
- Transfer to the 9-by-4-inch area on the parchment paper; pat into an even rectangle. Use the fork to score the top and edges, if desired.Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned on the top and bottom. Transfer the shortbread on the paper to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then cut into squares while still warm.
- Cool completely before storing between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!