Created by Chef Kelley Epstein, perfect for your Passover celebration!
Lemon Olive Oil Almond Cake
- 1/2 cup MEYER LEMON OLIVE OIL
- 7 large eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups + 1 TBSP almond flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9-inch round or square baking pan and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar, and whisk to blend. Whisk in vanilla extract and Meyer Lemon olive oil. Add the almond flour, ginger and cinnamon. Gently fold in ⅓ of the egg whites into the batter, then gently fold in the rest just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake about 50 minutes until edges are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan to finish cooling on a rack completely.
- Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!