Category: Class Recipes
Perfect for incorporating flavors from South of the Border any day!
Mini Shrimp Tostadas with Guacamole
- 2 tbsp MTOO Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbls MTOO Taco Taco Spice Blend
- 3/4 cup Chimichurri Sauce
- 12 each corn tortillas
- oil for frying
- 1 cup guacamole recipe to follow
- 1/2 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 2 tbls fresh cilantro
- Toss shrimp with spice blend and set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook, tossing occasionally for 3-4 minutes until shrimp just begin to turn opaque. Add in the chimichurri sauce, and toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Cut 12 mini round corn tortillas with 3-inch round cutter (if desired, stack 2 or3 tortillas to cut). Heat the oil for frying into a large skillet (about 2 inches in depth) to 375ºF. Add the tortillas, one at a time, and fry until golden brown and crispy, about 1 ½ minutes. Using tongs, transfer to a paper towel-lined pan and sprinkle with additional chili lime seasoning. Set aside.
- To serve, divide the shrimp mixture between the mini tostadas. Top each with a spoonful of fresh guacamole and sprinkle with queso fresco and cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!