Easy and delicious, this recipe will quickly become a staple in the weekly dinner rotation.
Seared Shrimp in Pesto
Easy and delicious, this recipe will quickly become a staple in the weekly dinner rotation
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 8 oz grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 12 oz pasta prefer small cut with this
- 1 tbsp MTOO Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 zucchini cut in half then sliced
- 1-2 tbsp Pesto Spice Blend
- 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Genovese Pesto or something similar
- 3 tbsp MTOO Spicy Calabrian Pesto Olive Oil
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. When it is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Halve the tomatoes and put in a bowl with some of the olive oil drizzled over. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium pan, add some olive oil and when hot, add the halved zucchini. Let cook for 3-4 minutes without stirring until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper and red pepper flakes and cook another 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and remove the tails if desired. Place in a bowl with salt and pepper and enough of the spice blend to coat. In the same pan, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium high until hot. Add the seasoned shrimp in an even layer and cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes until slightly opaque. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through. Turn off heat.
- To the pan, add the vinegar, cooked zucchini, seasoned tomatoes, parmesan, pesto to taste, and pasta and one tablespoon of olive oil. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!