White Truffle Ravioli
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 12 Egg Yolks
- 80 oz. Butter salted
- 1/4 cups Shallots thinly-sliced
- 1 tbsp. MTOO White Truffle Oil
- Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Roll the pasta sheets up to the 7th setting on your pasta machine or as thin as possible by hand with a rolling pin.
- Place a large pot of heavily salted water on to boil.
- Carefully place the whole egg yolks in the center of the sheet, allowing for at least 1″ of space around each.
- Wet the edges around each egg yolk with water and lay a second sheet on top.
- Seal the edges of each ravioli thoroughly and cut in to individual raviolis. Place finished raviolis on a dry, clean towel or parchment paper.
- Once all the raviolis are assembled, in a large pan, saute the thinly sliced shallots in butter over medium heat.
- Begin to boil the raviolis in small batches for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per batch. Flip them to cook on both sides.
- Remove the thoroughly drained raviolis to a large serving bowl. Allow the butter in the pan to bubble until just barely golden. The shallots should be translucent and just beginning to caramelize.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the truffle oil. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the warm raviolis and add fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!