Zucchini Olive Oil Muffins
- 1 cup Almonds toasted
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cinammon ground
- 1 tsp. Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg ground
- 3 ea. Egg large
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup MTOO Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 1/2 cup zucchini finely-grated
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- Heat oven to 350. Line two cupcake tins with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the almonds until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, sugar, and olive oil. Stir on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add in the almond extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture into the stand mixer bowl and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then mix for another 30 seconds.
- Stir the almonds and the zucchini into the batter.
- Divide the batter among cupcake tins, filling up to 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together the lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar in small bowl. Drizzle over the muffins.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!