I love a good Bolognese sauce but usually don’t have the time to spend hours cooking it, especially during the week. This easy recipe gives you all the meaty flavors you love without the slow cooking. Enjoy!
1 Hour Bolognese Pasta
Make this rich and delicious bolognese sauce in an hour
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, small diced or grated
- 2 medium carrots small diced or grated
- 2 pieces of celery small diced or grated
- 2 tbsp MTOO Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp MTOO Neapolitan Herb Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 can tomato sauce 15oz. More if you like more sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp MTOO Viva Italia Spice Blend
- Sagne Torte Pasta or other thick cut
- Dice or grate onion, carrots and celery. Use a box grater or a food processor.
- Heat Tuscan Herb Olive Oil in a saute pan and add the grated veggies. Add a half tablespoon of Viva Italia blend after veggies have started to soften. Add the tablespoon of tomato paste and stir into veggies and start to caramelize.
- Add the ground turkey to the veggies. Break up all the big chunks.
- Once turkey has cooked, add the tomato sauce, milk and chicken stock. Stir to mix. Add the last half tablespoon of Viva Italia.
- Let this mix simmer for 30 minutes or so. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add Neapolitan Herb Balsamic and cook on low for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the mix is too thick, add some more chicken stock.
- As the meat sauce is cooking, start your pasta water and cook pasta according to the instructions. When finished cooking, add about 1/2 cup pasta water to the meat sauce to loosen it up, add the pasta to the meat sauce. Add some Parmesan cheese and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!