This fantastic tart is perfect for brunches, afternoon teas or any celebration. Bright and full of delicious citrus flavor.
Olive Oil, Blood Orange & Lemon Curd Tart
For tart shell:
- 2 tablespoons almonds with skins toasted and cooled
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- Pinch fine salt
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 1/2 tablespoons MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
For lemon curd:
- 3 large lemons
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 whole large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Make tart shell: Preheat oven to 325°F with rack in middle.
- Pulse almonds with flour, sugar, and sea salt to a fine powder in a food processor. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal with small butter lumps. Add yolk and oil and pulse until just incorporated and a very soft dough has formed.
- Spread dough evenly over bottom and up side of 9” removable bottom tart pan with offset spatula. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes. Bake shell until golden brown all over, about 15-17 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Make curd: Grate enough zest from lemons to measure 1 tablespoon, then squeeze 3/4 cup juice from lemons. Whisk together lemon zest and juice, sugar, cornstarch, whole eggs, and yolks in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil, whisking, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and oil until smooth.
- Assemble tart: Pour lemon curd into cooled shell and chill until set, at least 2 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!