We’ve been making this Asian noodle and cabbage salad for our private tasting parties in the store and people can’t get enough. So here is the recipe, but this recipe is so versatile, you can really add whatever strikes your fancy. Add mandarins, chopped chicken, any variety of vegetables and you are sure to have a crowd pleasing dish!
Asian Noodle & Cabbage Salad
- 1 head cabbage small
- 2 packages Ramen Noodles chicken flavor
- 1 each red bell pepper chopped
- 1 each cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 bunch green onions- white and green parts chopped
- handful slivered almonds
- 1/8 cup MTOO Roasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup MTOO Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup MTOO Pineapple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup MTOO Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 seasoning packets from noodles
- Cook the noodles according to instructions on package. Do not add seasoning packets however, those are used in the dressing.
- Chop all vegetables, shredding cabbage. Add to salad bowl.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and add to the vegetables.
- Mix all 4 flavors of the oils and vinegars (you basically want a 50/50 ratio of oil to vinegar) totaling approximately 3/4 cup to 1 cup total dressing depending on your taste preference. Mix in one - two of the flavoring packets to your taste (they are really salty, so one may be fine). Dress the salad, toss and let it sit in the refrigerator for up to a day before serving. The longer it sits, the more the flavors infuse into the noodles and cabbage.