Butternut Squash Soup
A semi-sweet and savory soup, perfect for cold fall nights
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Rosemary Olive Oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 large leek white and pale green parts only, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 quart chicken stock
- ¼ cup MTOO Gravenstein Apple Balsamic
- ½ cup light cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon MTOO Spicy Caribbean Chicken Rub
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat Rosemary Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in leeks and onions, and cook until the onion softens and turns translucent, about 5 minutes. Add potato, squash, carrots, apple, and chicken stock. Season with ½ teaspoon of Spicy Caribbean Chicken Rub to start. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully puree the soup in batches in a blender, or use a stick blender to puree the soup right in the pot. Once the soup has been pureed, return it to the pot and stir in balsamic and yogurt. Season with spice rub to taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped chives and drizzle of Rosemary Olive Oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!