Chimichurri Steak Kabob with Sweet Potato
Category: Appetizers, Class Recipes, Main Dishes, Meat, Recipes, The Next Course
This is one of the best appetizers I’ve ever had. Enjoy every bite… or make it a main course and enjoy even more!
Kabobs with Herbed Sweet Potato
- 3 sweet potatoes cut into ¼ x ¼ x 1½batons
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons TACO TACO SEASONING divided
- 3 tablespoons MTOO Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 pounds ½flank or skirt steak
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- MTOO Chipotle Olive Oil as needed to coat pan
- 24 skewers
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons JALAPEÑO VINEGAR
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup CALIFORNIA GARLIC OLIVE OIL
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss sweet potato batons in cornstarch and half of the taco taco seasoning. Then toss the coated batons in the chipotle olive oil. Spread in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 5-10 minutes until the edges start to brown. Take out of the oven and flip. Roast again for another 5-10 minutes until soft and lightly browned. Potatoes will crisp further as they cool.
- In the meantime, heat a grill pan over high heat until very hot. Slice the flank steak against the grain into 24 strips, about 1/8 inch thick. Season with salt & pepper and the other half of the taco taco seasoning. Lightly coat the pan with a bit of chipotle olive oil. Flash grill strips of steak, about 1 minute per side and remove from the grill. Wrap steak strips around three of the potato batons and poke through with a skewer. Top with chimichurri sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!