I made this meal for my sister’s family, including her picky daughters. They both inhaled it and asked for more. Even though the roasting of the veggies takes a bit of time, it is well worth it for the delicious flavor it imparts, along with the crumbly chorizo. Delicious!
Fire Roasted Tomato Pasta
- 3 tbsp MTOO Viva Italia Spice Blend
- 2 red peppers deseeded and sliced
- 3 pounds roma tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp MTOO Traditional 18 yr Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp MTOO Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz your choice noodles
- 1/4 cup olives pitted and halved (optional)
- Chorizo optional
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400. Layer tomatoes, red pepper, & onion in a single layer on a large roasting dish. Sprinkle evenly with garlic, Viva Italia blend.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato paste, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper and spoon mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 to 1.5 hours or until the vegetables start to carmelize. About half way through, toss veggies and drizzle a little more oil and vinegar over the top and continue roasting.
- When veggies are done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta as per directions. In a pan, saute olives and chorizo in a little olive oil, add the veggies and toss in cooked pasta until completely coated in sauce. Mix in cheese and serve. Serves 6