One of my absolute favorite salads. Let the lettuces marinate for about 10-20 minutes before putting on the grill. Add chopped tomatoes and avocados before serving for a delicious and different side dish. Use your creativity and mix and match different oils and vinegars for the marinade / dressing!
Grilled Radicchio & Hearts of Romaine with Shaved Pecorino
- 1/3 cup MTOO Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup MTOO Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- 4 large heads of radicchio each cored & quartered
- 4 hearts of romaine
- 1/4 cup shaved pecorino
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper in large bowl. Add radicchio and romaine and toss to coat. Marinate 20 minutes.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Drain marinade into small bowl. Place radicchio and romaine on grill; sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Grill radicchio and romaine until edges are crisp and slightly charred, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes. Transfer to serving platter. Drizzle with reserved marinade and sprinkle with cheese shavings.