Harvest Kale & Honeycrisp Salad with Pepita Clusters and Cinnamon-Shallot Vinaigrette
For the Pepita Clusters
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup Chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Harissa Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
For the Cinnamon-Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp Gravenstein Apple White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Minched shallot
- 1/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Arbequena Olive Oil
For the Salad
- 6 cups Roughly chopped Tuscan kale
- 2 Honeycrisp apples thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Shredded sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup Pompegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, coconutflakes, chopped pecans, chia seeds, maple syrup, HARISSA OLIVE OIL, salt, andPUMPKIN SPICE BLEND. Stir thoroughly until well coated.
- Spread the mixture into a thin and even layer onthe parchment paper. Bake the mixture for 15-20 minutes without moving. Keep awatchful eye the last few minutes so that the mixture doesn’t burn.
- Remove from oven and don’t touch! The mixturewill solidify and stick together as it cools. Once cool, carefully break intoclusters.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together theGRAVENSTEIN APPLE WHITE BALSAMIC VINEGAR, honey, mustard, shallot, andcinnamon, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the AREBEQUENA OLIVE OIL until emulsified.
- Put the kale into a large bowl with 1-2 tablespoon or so of the dressing + a pinch of salt and pepper. Massage thegreens and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add the shredded cheddar and toss well.Top the salad with sliced apples, pumpkin seed clusters, and pomegranate arils.Drizzle with additional vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!