Homemade Margherita Pizza
- 1 thin 12” pizza crust
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons MTOO Pizza Spice Blend
- 3 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- Homemade Sauce:
- 13.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons MTOO Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500.
- To make the sauce, heat crushed tomatoes with olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper bring to a boil and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the pizza crust in a cast iron pan dusted with flour. Spread the sauce evenly over the crust, then layer sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with half of the pizza blend. Cover with mozzarella and sprinkle parmesan over the top. Place remaining tomato slices over the top and sprinkle with remaining pizza blend.
- Bake until topping is bubbly and crust is golden brown about 10-12 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!