If you’re like us, you’re already planning for your Labor Day barbecue and getting your crowd-pleasing menu in order. On our quest for the ultimate summer-ending party, we got some barbecue inspiration from Mountain Town Olive Oil Co. that we had to share. While we went in looking for a inventive rib recipe, we left with so many ways to elevate our Labor Day spread.
If you love truffle, you will love it adding it to your mac and cheese. After all, what could be better than your favorite comfort food elevated to a gourmet side dish? MTOO makes it easy, try adding two tablespoons of MTOO Truffle Olive Oil for an unexpected and fancied version of your signature mac and cheese.
While summer may be coming to an end, that doesn’t mean the supply of fruit is! We can’t get enough of the local peaches right now, but MTOO suggested maximizing the flavors of summer in your fruit salad by mixing a cup each of your favorite fresh fruit, 1/4 cup of chopped mint and drizzling with two tablespoons MTOO White Peach Balsamic Vinegar to taste. It will taste like summer only better.
Before we get to the grill, lets not forget dessert. There are endless options with their flavored olive oils and vinegars, but we’re turning our ordinary brownies into Tangerine Balsamic and Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Brownies. All you have to do is add MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil and MTOO Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar into your normal brownie mix to transport your dessert from basic to anything but. You can also consider greasing your pan with flavored olive oils to add a flavorful crisp to the outside of a dessert. You can get their full olive oil and balsamic vinegar infused brownie recipe here.
If those ideas don’t have you excited to elevate your party, just stop into Mountain Town Olive Oil because they are full of recipes for any occasion. Now for the main event: Honey Ginger Balsamic Glazed Barbecue Ribs. Happy laboring in the kitchen!
Honey Ginger Balsamic Glazed BBQ Ribs
- 4 racks baby back ribs 8 pounds
- 12 cloves Garlic mashed or minced
- 3 teaspoons MTOO Delizia Honey-Ginger White Balsamic
- 3 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon MTOo Delizia Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup MTOO Delizia Honey-Ginger White Balsamic
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon MTOO Delizia Toasted Sesame Oil
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- For the marinade: Mix together the Honey-Ginger white balsamic, brown sugar, minced garlic, sea salt and sesame oil. Coat the ribs with the marinade and allow to marinate in a sealed container or large zip lock bags for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight, turning a few times.
- For the Glaze: Combine the honey ginger white balsamic, honey and soy sauce in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Allow to reduce by half and remove from heat. Add one teaspoon of toasted sesame oil to the mixture and stir to combine.
- For the ribs: Prepare the grill and preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Over medium heat grill the ribs for approximately 5 minutes per side. Prepare baking pan/s large enough to hold the ribs in a single layer. Brush the glaze over the ribs and seal each pan well with foil. Bake the ribs for 2 hours or until tender and meat falls off the bone. Optionally, sprinkle ribs with sesame seeds as a garnish.