Baking with olive oil is one of the easiest ways to increase your daily consumption of EVOO, but it also reduces the saturated fat in your baked goodies by a third! Plus using a flavored oil like the Blood Orange adds an extra flavor layer. What’s not to like?
Tangerine Balsamic & Blood Orange Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter 8 tbsps.
- 4 tbsps. + 1 tsp. MTOO Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange zest
- 6 oz. 60%+ dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsps. MTOO Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 large eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Using a tsp. of the blood orange extra virgin olive oil, grease a 9 x 13" baking pan. Line the pan with a strip of parchment, cut to overhang the long sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl set over a double boiler, slowly melt the butter with the dark chocolate. Stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the blood orange fused extra virgin olive oil, eggs, tangerine balsamic, orange zest and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Whisk together the flour and cocoa powder and add to the wet ingredients. Fold until there are no visible dry spots.
- Scrape the batter in to the prepared baking pan. Bake on the center rack of the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with very moist crumbs adhering. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then lift out using the parchment and cool completely before cutting.