Chef Deanna created this recipe for our “Mediterranean Diet Meals” class and it was an instant hit. Try it out for a salad dinner one night!
Lemon Balsamic Greek Chicken Salad
A delicious and easy way to get your greens in, any time of the year.
- 2-3 medium chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 1 tablespoon ROTISSERIE CHICKEN BLEND
- 1 tablespoon LEMON OLIVE OIL
- 1 small red onion halved and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 1/8 cup SICILIAN LEMON BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint and dill
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup DILL OLIVE OIL
- 12 to 14 small vine-ripened tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives halved and pitted
- 5 Persian cucumbers or 1 ½ English cucumbers
- 1 4- ounce block Greek feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the chicken liberally with the spice blend and let sit for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours for the best flavor.
- Heat an ovenproof grill pan to high heat and brush with the olive oil. Brown the chicken on one side and then flip and move to the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside.
- Trim the ends of the cucumber, halve lengthwise and slice crosswise, about 1/2 inch thick. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes and the olives to a bowl and toss to combine. Thinly slice the onion and add to the mixture. Drain the feta and dice. Add the feta and the fresh herbs and toss to combine. Drizzle with the vinegar and olive oil. Taste for seasoning. Slice the chicken on the bias and divide evenly between the salads, garnish with a little of the dill and mint and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!