I was craving a tuna salad after a big workout so decided to come up with a healthier version of the mayo loaded tuna we all know and love. It is light, refreshing and full of delicious flavor, perfect for summer days. Since there is no mayo, you can pack it up for picnics, BBQ’s or outdoor get-togethers without concern for refrigeration. I used skipjack tuna (I read that it is lower in mercury), but think I prefer the flavor of albacore. I used tuna canned in water because I wanted to add my own oil to the salad.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 2 cans canned albacore tuna in water
- 2-3 each sweet peppers red, orange or yellow baby bells
- 1/4 each red onion diced
- 1 each persian cucumber cut in half and sliced (half moon shapes)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatos halved
- 2 tbsp castelvetrano olives pitted, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbps MTOO Dill Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp MTOO Oregano Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dill Pickle Mustard or any kind of dijon
- 1 tbsp LEMON HERBS SEASONING
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in the bottom of a big bowl. Add in the chopped herbs and mix well.
- Add all the chopped veggies and the drained tuna to the dressing bowl. Mix well and serve over toast, with crackers, in a wrap or over a bed of mixed greens and enjoy.