Category: Main Dishes, Meat, Poultry, Recipes
- 2 tbsp MTOO Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tsp MTOO Istanbul Grill Blend
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained, 15 ounce
- 1 cup dried apricots chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about three minutes. Stir in the Istanbul Grill Blend and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the garbanzo beans, apricots, chicken stock, honey, salt and pepper until well combined. Simmer for five to 10 minutes.
- While the garbanzo bean mixture simmers, make the couscous according to the package directions. To make this gluten free, substitute quinoa.
- Stir the chicken into the garbanzo bean mixture and cook for another three minutes. Spoon the chicken over the couscous, garnish with the sliced almonds and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This sounds so delicious! I can’t wait to try this.