NOM NOM PALEO INSPIRED KOREAN SHORT RIBS
- 3 pounds boneless short ribs
- 2 tablespoons CARRIBEAN SPICY CHICKEN RUB
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon COCONUT VINEGAR
- 1 tablespoon HONEY GINGER VINEGAR
- 2 teaspoons Red Boat fish sauce
- 1 medium pear Asian pear, or Fuji apple, peeled, cored, and chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons CALIFORNIA GARLIC OLIVE OIL
- 3 scallions roughly chopped
- 2 cups beef or chicken bone broth
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse the short ribs and pat dry. Sprinkle generously with spice blend and massage into the meat. Transfer to your pressure cooker.
- In a blender, add the coconut aminos, vinegars, fish sauce, pear or apple, garlic olive oil, and scallions and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the short ribs in the pressure cooker, and stir everything around so the sauce coats all of the meat. Add the stock.
- Shut and lock the lid of your pressure cooker, cook on medium high until pressure is reached. Once pressure is reached, adjust the heat and cook for 45 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then vent the top valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- Transfer the rib meat to a plate or platter and cover with foil to keep warm. Turn the heat to high on the pressure cooker and with the top off reduce the liquid down to about ½ to ¾ cup. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon the sauce on top of the ribs, and garnish with cilantro before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!