I love making soup, especially when the snow is falling outside. Soup is comforting and healthy and usually tastes even better the next day. For this Chicken Noodle Soup, I like to add some dark leafy greens to help up the vegetable quotient and then add frozen cheese tortellini for a fun and more filling variation on the noodles. If you want to be super creative, buy ground chicken and make chicken meatballs to add instead of shredded chicken!
The Godfather’s Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp. MTOO California Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ cup diced celery, carrots, and onion each
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
- 2 tsps. MTOO Viva Italia Spice Blend
- 1 can White Beans
- 1 package tortellini
- 4 cups chicken stock
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to top
- Sprinkle at least 1 tsp. of Viva Italy Spice Blend over cooked chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic, carrots, celery and onion and remaining teaspoon of Viva Italy blend until soft about 4-5 minutes.
- Add stock, tortellini and chicken. Mash half the beans with a fork until it forms a paste and add to soup for thickness. Add remaining whole beans and cook on medium until the pasta is mostly done. Add the spinach or kale and cook for just a minute or two. If the soup is too thick, add more stock.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh Parmesan.