Tuna Bacon Avocado Salad with Arugula
Category: Appetizers, Class Recipes, Recipes, The Next Course
TUNA BACON AVOCADO SALAD WITH ARUGULA
- 4 slices smoked bacon
- 1 1/3 pound tuna steak 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon LEMON HERBS SEASONING
- 3 tablespoons PERSIAN LIME OLIVE OIL
- 2 tablespoons BLACKBERRY GINGER
- 4 cups baby arugula washed and picked for any thick stems
- 1 watermelon radish very thinly sliced
- 2 Hass avocados thinly sliced
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Par cook the bacon strips so that they have rendered their initial fat but are still pliable.
- Lay the bacon strips on a cutting board and place a piece of tuna in the center of each; season the tuna liberally with the lemon herbs seasoning. Fold the bacon around the tuna and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the tuna and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the tuna is still pink inside, about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Toss in the arugula, radish and avocados and transfer to plates.
- Remove the toothpicks from the tuna and cut each piece in slices. Fan the slices over the salad and drizzle any remaining dressing left in the bowl over the fish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!