Vegan Mushroom Pot Pie
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 10 oz cremini mushrooms quartered
- 2.5 oz shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 oz dried porcini mushrooms reconstituted with 1 cup of boiling water, drained and sliced (RESERVE SOAKING LIQUID)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon CAMPFIRE STEAK BLEND
- 3 tablespoons BUTTER OLIVE OIL
- 1 tablespoon CALIFORNIA GARLIC OIL
- 1 tablespoon MUSHROOM SAGE OIL
- 2 inch medium carrots cut into a ½dice
- 1 inch leek cut into a ½dice
- 1 inch turnip peeled and cut into ½dice
- 2 inch ribs of celery cut into a ½dice
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped
- 2 teaspoons ROSEMARY GARLIC RUB
- 1½ tablespoons NEAPOLITAN HERB BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed but well chilled check the ingredient list to make sure they don’t use butter or eggs. Pepperidge Farms is vegan and widely available.
- Soak cashews in ½ cup of very hot water for 30 minutes. Blend in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Toss all mushrooms with all-purpose flour and spice rub. Heat 1 tablespoon of Butter Olive Oil and Garlic Olive Oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the mushrooms until softened and slightly browned. Remove and reserve.
- Add the mushroom sage oil to the sauté pan. Add the leeks, turnips, carrots and celery. Add a pinch more of the campfire steak spice blend and cook until vegetables are slightly softened. Deglaze the pan with the balsamic and then add back the mushrooms along with the peas, herbs, Worcestershire sauce, cashew cream, and reserved soaking liquid from the porcini mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Roll out the puff pastry and cut circles about 1” larger than the diameter of the ramekins so that the pastry just hangs over the edges. Spoon the mushroom stew into the ramekins and cover with the pastry. Brush the tops of the pastry with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter olive oil and cut a couple of small slits in the top of the pastry for the steam to escape.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake 15 minutes, then turn down the heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the tops are all golden and puffy. Remove from the oven, let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!