Vegetarian Mole Street Tacos with Cinnamon Balsamic Pickled Onions
- ½ a red onion very thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons MTOO Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 inch medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ¼dice
- 2 inch medium chayote squash and cut into ¼dice
- 1 tablespoon MTOO Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon MTOO Chipotle Honey Rub
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon CALIFORNIA GARLIC OIL
- 2 tablespoons MOLE SEASONING
- ¼ cup water or vegetable stock
- 16 street taco sized corn tortillas
- ¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- ½ cup queso fresco
- Put the onion in a bowl with the balsamic and give them a little massage to work in the balsamic. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Toss the sweet potatoes, and squash with the chipotle oil and roast until soft and slightly browned. Remove from oven and toss with corn and black beans.
- Meanwhile, heat the garlic oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the mole seasoning and let it bloom for about 30 seconds. Whisk in the water or stock, you can use a tablespoon more or less than what is called for depending on how thick you want your sauce. Once the sauce is warmed through, set aside.
- Warm tortillas on a comal (or in the microwave), fill them with the roasted vegetable mixture and then top with the warm mole. Garnish with cilantro, queso fresco and reserved onions which should be nicely pickled by now.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!